Restore your smile with Implants designed to blend in with your natural teeth
Dental implants are an innovative way of replacing missing teeth with results that look and feel natural. Plus, they can be a much better alternative to dentures, eliminating the need for messy adhesives and the potential of slippage along the gums.
A dental implant is a titanium post designed to replace missing teeth. The post is surgically placed into the jawbone where the tooth is missing, and provides a more permanent solution.Implants are surgically placed below the gums over a series of appointments, and fuse to the jawbone. Implants offer stability because they fuse to your bone, a process called osseointegration. Integration of the implants into your jaw also helps your replacement teeth feel more natural, and some people find the secure fit more comfortable than conventional substitutes. Candidates for dental implants must have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant.
REASONS FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS
- Replace a missing tooth
- Maintain healthy bone levels
- Help support overdentures
- Keep the look and feel of a real tooth where one is missing
Different types of dental implant solutions are:
- Single-Tooth Implants –Designed to replace individual teeth, this implant option consists of a single implant post capped with a custom dental crown. This restoration is often a good choice if you are missing one tooth or have multiple missing teeth that are not adjacent to one another.
- Implant Bridges –If you have two or more consecutive missing or damaged teeth, an implant bridge may be an excellent solution. With this option, a customized dental bridge is held in place by at least two dental implants, making it much more secure than traditional bridges that are supported by natural teeth.
- Implant Supported Dentures– Also called implant dentures ,this full arch restoration can be a great alternative to removable dentures. Implant supported dentures can provide exceptional strength and stability when replacing a complete row of teeth.